Monday, October 14, 2024

I'm thinking about writing again- do you guys like stories better in 1st person or 3rd person?

 Hey all, I find myself slowly warming to the idea of writing again, and I've got an idea in mind.  But would you guys rather have your femdom stories written in 1st person, or 3rd person?

1st person is like "Veronica reached over and grabbed MY cock, her slick fingers playing with just the head, driving me absolutely crazy.  It felt even better than my own hand!"

3rd person is like "Veronica reached over and grabbed JEFF'S cock, her slick fingers playing with just the tip, driving him absolutely crazy!  It felt even better than HIS own hand!"

1st person lets you get deep inside one character's head, hear his internal thoughts and motivations.  But some people can't feel immersed that way. 

3rd person is more like watching a movie or a play, you're observing people's actions from outside, and revealing thoughts are a little more clunky.  But you can hop into rooms where the main character isn't, which is needed for a larger cast, where things happen when some characters aren't around.  

Other Option: "Don't Care"

I'm fully expecting this to be split exactly in thirds, 33% for 1st, 33% for 3rd, 33% for Don't Care, but if you have strong preferences, comment below!  (I tried to add a poll to Blogspot but every company wanted to charge me to host a poll site and that's rubbish.)  

Don't expect the story for a while though, it's a planned 2025 story, I'm just doing the pre-plannin now.  

Thanks all, and hope everyone is keeping safe!

VOTE BELOW!

A- I'D LIKE FEMDOM STORIES TO BE IN FIRST PERSON

B- I'D LIKE FEMDOM STORIES TO BE IN THIRD PERSON

C- I DON'T REALLY CARE

8 comments:

  1. Minorbother@gmail.comOctober 14, 2024 at 11:52 PM

    A for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B. It is too difficult to develop characters with dialog when writing 1st person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B. Nice to hear that you got some of your motivation back to write some more. Hope you are doing well. Excited for 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above 1st person is more in-depth but harder to write, if i had to pick one it is 3rd person or perhaps your could incorporate segments or snippets of 1st person in...

    Excited to see what you come out with next when you are ready, I have ideas haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. B. Third person!

    Generally I'm fine with both- But with your stories specifically, third person is part of your 'house style'. I just think I'd find it distracting to adjust to 1st person for your distinctive way of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cuz! I've been reading a lot of reddit Gone Wild stories recently, and they're all 1st person and fast and intimate, ("This happened to ME") and maybe that's coloring me.

      But thanks for saying that I have a 'House Style!' If I do, I guess it is 3rd, because the environments are usually wild, they can't have happened to me.

      Thanks everyone for the feedback, this makes it easier!

      Delete
  6. Well, I’d say the answer is C, but it’s not because I’m not interested. Every story has its own vibe, and whether it’s told in the first or third person really depends on what kind of feel you want for it.
    Take family stories, for example, which are super common here. A first-person story from the son would come off totally different than one from a sister or a mom, with totally different motivations and thoughts (and hey, having a female narrator in the first person in femdom stories is something we don’t see much of — it could be a fun twist and really interesting to read!). A third-person viewpoint can give a more laid-back and broader take on things, but it might miss the chance to connect on an emotional level.
    So, it really just comes down to what you want to share in each story and for each character.

    P.S. First or third person, I love many of your stories! Hope my English is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate the question.... Cop-out here, I'm a "B", but know sometimes stories just work better in 1st-person... So some "C" too (go whichever way the story you want to write takes you), but yeah, a "B"...
    Regardless, good to hear from you, PFD, and hope things are going well for you...

    ReplyDelete